BMJ 15th Oct 2022: "Climate Crisis: Finding Hope Amid Despair"
BMJ Editorial (6th Sept 2021): "Call for emergency action to limit global temperature increases, restore biodiversity, and protect health"
BMJ "Health in the Anthropocene" collection
Planetary health/One health
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Report "Making Peace With Nature", 18 February 2021
- The Lancet. Safeguarding human health in the Anthropocene epoch: report of The Rockefeller Foundation–Lancet Commission on planetary health.
- Planetary Health Alliance. Research Bibliography
- The Lancet Planetary Health
- A Comparison of Three Holistic Approaches to Health: One Health, EcoHealth, and Planetary Health
- The Tragedy of Liberal Democratic Governance in the Face of Global Threats, Front Public Health, 2022
Climate change, health and wellbeing
- BMJ blog: Talking to Patients about the Climate Emergency
- CFP/MFC Editorial, October 2021: Climate change is a health issue / Le changement climatique est un problème de santé
- The Lancet Countdown : explore the interactive webpage summmary of the 2022 report (or read the full text here)
- Climate Change Toolkit (CAPE: Canadian Associations of Physicians for the Environment)
- Les changements climatiques: Abrégé à l'intention des professionnels de la santé (Institut national de santé publique du Québec)
- Science: Pervasive human-driven decline of life on Earth points to the need for transformative change.
- WHO. Climate Change and Health. Key Facts
- WHO. Climate Change and Health. Global Environmental Change
Health co-benefits of addressing climate change
Education and transformative change
- WGBU flagship report: "World in Transition – A Social Contract for Sustainability"
- Targeted Change Making for a Healthy Recovery
- The Lancet Planetary Health: A framework for Planetary Health Education
Health care footprint etc.
- Healthcare climate footprint report (HCWH Europe, available in EN, FR, NL)
- Environmental Research Letters. International Comparison of health care carbon footprints
- NHS Sustainable Development Unit. Natural Resources Footprint 2018
- PLoS ONE. Environmental impacts of the U.S. health care system and effects on public health
- Doing more with less - How frugal innovations can contribute to improving healthcare systems
Biodiversity and health
- CBD. Connecting global priorities: biodiversity and human health: a state of knowledge review
- The Economics of Biodiversity: The Dasgupta Review. Headline Messages.
- Biodiversity-health nexus: a policy explainer: Nature negotiations: sharing responsibility for global health (Lancet)
Climate change, tipping points and risk management
- Bruno Latour “We don’t seem to live on the same planet” — A Fictional Planetarium
- PNAS, 2018: Trajectories of the Earth System in the Anthropocene.
- PNAS. Social tipping dynamics for stabilizing Earth's climate by 2050 and related Webinar
- The Royal Society Theme issue 'Climate change and ecosystems: threats, opportunities and solutions' (January 2020), including Positive Tipping Points
- Is it too late (to stop dangerous climate change)? An editorial (M. Hulme, WIRE's Climate Change, Oct. 2019). "As several of the authors in this Special Collection observe, it is never too late to do the right thing. There is always tomorrow."
- Climate Endgame: Exploring catastrophic climate change scenarios